Recent Visits: 00552 since Aug 1, 2011
AMCA Shared Libraries & Music Lists Interface
Shared Libraries/Lists Search Interface (Public site)|
(If other searches or sorts are desired, let me know. Contact the Web Manager
(Type a search item or two or a ? to search for items that are not blank.)|
You can see the whole list by entering nothing and clicking the Submit button. I don't recommend that because the list is rather large. It is best to narrow your search by searching for fewer items. Try it out and experiment a bit. There is much material here.
Some of the current AMCA Lists can be found here (See Source).
How to add to or make changes in the online data base
Friday, May 24, 2013
This data base of some AMCA Chorus Libraries is available on the public web site and on the "password protected" web site. The difference between them is that searches are not possible on "copies" on the public web site. The Password site also includes an HTML version of individual chorus libraries in the footer.
I think this system is pretty standard and will be usable by anyone with a minimum amount of learning. Just type in the search words (Title, Composer, Arranger, Publisher, etc - and click the "Submit Search" button. The Search Results will appear.
Submit A Music Selection
- This data base may prove useful if you need to "borrow" a few copies of a publication that are not available to be purchased any more. Individuals are responsible for contacting the source chorus individually. There is no implication here that just because a chorus has copies of a particular publication that they are willing to lend them out.
- A greater intended purpose for this data base is as a reference for Male Chorus music. Music For Male Chorus is somewhat dated and these chorus libraries may provide a more "updated" listing of some compositions.
Have you ever found yourself knowing the title of a piece of music and wondering if it is available in a Male Chorus setting and you find not reference to it in Music For Male Chorus. Maybe another AMCA Male Chorus has already researched this. Look for it here in these "Shared Libraries".
If more AMCA chorus libraries (current libraries especially) are accessible on this web site, it becomes very easy to do a Search for a particular title (or to search other information about music) and see if any other director/chorus has found a Male Chorus arrangement of that selection. Ordering should be facilitated very quickly using the publisher information included in the listing.
I can also see "browsing" the chorus lists to see what music is being used as a way of "getting ideas" of what single copies to order for perusal when trying to decide on "next year's" repertoire additions or on music for a "special occasion.
The usefulness of this "Shared Library" depends upon how willing choruses/directors are to share the "often-protected and private" (non-of-your-business) chorus libraries that they maintain. I hope each director/chorus will consider participating in this "Shared Libraries" system.
I have developed an "online system" (Manager Password required) where choruses (a music librarian or contact person) may add selections to or edit selections in the data base. Contact me, Contact the Web Manager, for any help in submitting your library or with any opinions on this system. (Please, electronic/computer files only, no paper copies, because I don't enjoy typing all the information but I will do it if necessary.)
Request a Manager Password
- These individual chorus libraries provide somewhat different systems for the type of information available. Hopefully this will be enhanced if we continue to expand this "shared library" reference and develop a standard format.
It is hoped that AMCAers will begin to share music titles with each other. Everyone is always looking for new good pieces of music. Why not share some new discoveries with your AMCA friends!!!
"Online System" (Manager Password required)
- Joe Gretak (Lake Erie District) several years ago requested chorus libraries from AMCA choruses and proceeded to create a data base of these libraries. Only a few choruses responded so the project includes small number of entries (and, of course, the entries are old - middle 1990's). This data base has been in the Bill Bates' computer archives until I requested them recently to see what we could do with them on the web site. This "Shared Libraries" web site is the beginning.
- If AMCA choruses/directors find a value in this data base, it is hoped that more choruses will submit their library listings (assuming the libraries are in electronic form and not just on a piece of paper) so the listing can be updated and expanded as a reference (and possible sharing system) for AMCA choruses/directors. I hope some of you will request a password to use the "online system" (Manager Password required)!
Installed 4 Sep 2000
Since 30 Jan 2001
<0009, 03/01/01, 0009)
(0024, 04/02/01, 0015)
(0039, 05/01/01, 0015)
(0057, 06/10/01, 0018)
(0063, 07/03/01, 0006)
(0079, 08/03/01, 0004)
(0094, 09/02/01, 0015)
(0116, 10/01/01, 0022)
(0130, 11/01/01, 0014)
(0163, 12/01/01, 0033)
(0182, 01/01/02, 0019)
--- Basic page links in footer of each page ---
Council Chairman ,
Executive Director ,
UMW Governor ,
Web Manager - (on Facebook)
This page last uploaded on Saturday, 15-Dec-2007 14:42:37 EST
The address of this document is: http://amcofa.net/sl.shtml